Wednesday, January 04, 2023

Learning about Mastodon

 


With all the hubbub around Twitter and whether it's safe to continue on that platform, I've been trying to figure out what to do - stay or go? On the one hand, the diatribe and vicious language promoting hate are so off-putting. On the other hand, I have found Twitter to have been the most incredible professional learning tool.  Because I follow mostly education-related people, those are mostly the kinds of posts I see. There has been a lot of conversation about abandoning Twitter. It seems that many people are moving to Mastadon. I first ran across it from a Tweet from Miguel Guhlin. 

So I tried it out. Other Educators have jumped on board and there are some great tutorials which I will link to below. I don't know if it's going to replace Twitter. I guess I am just used to Twitter and how it worked, and now this is a change. I will say I find it much easier to read posts on the phone app Metatext. More soon!

How to Get Started with Mastodon

Miguel Guhlin's Tutorials 

5 Tools Shared by Educators

Academics on Mastodon

Updated Tootorials

A Less Brief Guide to Mastodon

No comments: