Saturday, January 21, 2023
Saturday, January 14, 2023
Saturday, January 07, 2023
Thursday, January 05, 2023
There's been lots of conversation about ChatGPT and how it is impacting schools. Will it be the next disrupter? Here's what I've been reading....
- Catlin Tucker: How Disruptive Will ChatGPT Be?
- John Spencer: No, Artificial Intelligence Won't Destroy High School English (Or any Other Subject) and How Will Schools Respond to the AI Revolution?
- AJ Juliani: Creative Learning Solutions in a ChatGPT World
- AJ Juliani: 7 Ways Teachers Can Harness the Power of AI for Learning
- The 74: Schools Must Embrace the Looming Disruption of ChatGPT
- Ariel Levin: 50 Awesome ChatGPT Prompts
- Recomendo - ChatGPT Prompts
- Torri Trust: ChatGPT and Education
- Larry Ferlazzo: A Collection of "Best Lists" about Artificial Intelligence in Education
- Ethan R Mollick and Lilach Mollick: New Modes of Learning Enabled by AI Chatbots
- Coldfusion: It's Time to Pay Attention to AI (Chat GPT and Beyond)
- Wes Fryer: AI Powered Creativity (Wakelet)
Wednesday, January 04, 2023
With all the hubbub around Twitter and whether it's safe to continue on that platform, I've been trying to figure out what to do - stay or go? On the one hand, the diatribe and vicious language promoting hate are so off-putting. On the other hand, I have found Twitter to have been the most incredible professional learning tool. Because I follow mostly education-related people, those are mostly the kinds of posts I see. There has been a lot of conversation about abandoning Twitter. It seems that many people are moving to Mastadon. I first ran across it from a Tweet from Miguel Guhlin.
So I tried it out. Other Educators have jumped on board and there are some great tutorials which I will link to below. I don't know if it's going to replace Twitter. I guess I am just used to Twitter and how it worked, and now this is a change. I will say I find it much easier to read posts on the phone app Metatext. More soon!