It's Spring Break in Maine which always makes me start working on summer plans. Time goes quickly from now until the end of school. A few educators have asked about local summer learning opportunities. Here are a few that I know about in the New England area. If you have some to add please put them in the comment section.
- June 19 - August 8
- Google Tools for Schools; Various locations in Vermont
- 8 Summer institutes on using Google Tools, Chromebooks and more
- 21-22 Apps Events Connecticut Summit; Greenwich, CT.
- 23-25 Sebago Alliance Tech Camp for Staff; Windham, ME
- 25-26 GAFE Peak; York, ME
- 26-27 NELMS 1:1 Institute; Kennebunk, ME
- 23-27 Learn Everywhere; Thomas College
- 6/30 - 2 TechnologyTeacher.me; Gould Academy
- 10 Cloud Camp NE; East Bridgewater, MA.
- for schools using Google Tools
- 14 - 18
- Teaching and Learning with the iPad; University of Southern Maine
- Teachers will explore the use of iPads and apps that support student learning, collaboration, and communication. Apps are providing new ways for students and teachers to use touch screens as well as recording video and audio. Teachers who attend this course will learn ways to change their teaching to include Apps during instruction as well as ways for students to demonstrate learning by creating products on the iPad.
- The Read Write Web in the Classroom; University of Southern Maine
- Explore the use of Web 2.0 online tools that support student learning, collaboration, and communication extending beyond classroom walls. Educators will become familiar with what it means to be literate in the 21st century classroom. #usmepc500
- Create, Make & Learn; Burlington, VT
- Includes 4 strands of learning featuring Wes Fryer and Kevin Jarrett
- 21 - 25
- 21st Century Teaching and Learning with Technology; University of Southern Maine
- In our technology-driven, globally diverse world, students are consuming and producing many forms of electronic media. How do we develop teaching strategies for the 21st Century classroom given changing ideas about literacy? This course is designed for K-12 educators looking to integrate an array of current digital technology skills with core academic subjects. #usmepc512
- 28 - 8/1
- Mac Computer in the Digital Classroom; University of Southern Maine
- Educators will become familiar with digital technology tools and their use to enhance learning, engage students, and integrate 21st century skills in the classroom. Software components will include the iLife suite (iPhoto, Safari, iTunes etc.) online tools, and Internet resources. Topics to be covered will be web page publishing, blogs, podcasts and project based learning activities.
- 31 - 8/1
- Apps Events New Hampshire Summit; Bedford, NH.
- 12 - 13 Google Apps for Education Maine Pre-Summit, Yarmouth, ME.
- 14 - 15 Google Apps for Education Maine Summit, Yarmouth, ME.
- 18 - 20 Technology for Innovation in Education; Tilton Academy, Tilton, NH
- The focus of this year's conference will once again be Google Apps for Education (GAFE). The conference will be August 18-20. The first two days will be aimed at anyone interested in or currently using GAFE with students in the classroom and the third day will be aimed at GAFE domain administrators.