Saturday, December 04, 2010

When Visitors come to our School

Cathy Wolinsky, Wesley Fryer and Alice Barr
Cathy Wolinsky, Wes Fryer, and Alice Barr at Yarmouth High School 12/3/2010
We often have visitors come to our school, and Friday was no exception. Apple brought a group of administrators from a district in Sweden that had recently gone 1:1. And because they were in the area, I also invited Wes and Sarah Fryer to join us. Wes and I had done back to back presentations on Wednesday at The Christa McAuliffe Technology conference and I really wanted to share what I had been talking about in my presentation on Digital Citizenship. These visits are organized and run by Student Senate members. They lead the visits to classrooms and facilitate a session on their own about why having technology available 24/7 makes a difference in their learning.

Wes also interviewed Cathy Wolinsky and I about the importance of having tech integrators to work with teachers.



Wes is so great at documenting. Here's his blog post about the visit. He is really inspiring me to try to do a better job of keeping track of our work. When you're in it, it's hard to remember all the little things that make this project work. By sharing with others, it's given me a chance to step back and reflect on how wonderful this has been for our students and school. Thanks Wes!

No comments: